Thursday, September 23, 2010

Happily ensconced

The new furniture has arrived!  And it is beautiful.  And big.  Actually, it’s massive.  If Vikings descended upon my home in an impromptu invasion, I could build a fort out of this stuff, and it would be impenetrable.  Not only are the dresser and chest wider and taller than most I’ve seen, the bedside tables are pretty substantial as well.  These are all meaty, solid wood behemoths that are certainly claiming their place in my bedroom.

Now, to purchase the bed.  I found a lovely one, with a very simple, curved wood headboard.  My hope is that once it’s in place, the other pieces don’t bully it and make it feel (and look) small.  But being as it will get the most attention (I will be giving it my undivided attention for eight hours a day, after all), I have confidence it will stand up for itself, knowing that although it may be different from the others, I won’t love it any less.

No comments:

Post a Comment