Thursday, September 9, 2010

A divine design of my very own

I love the input of dedicated designers, and creative contractors, and have greatly appreciated my conversations with them. They have great ideas, and certainly years and years of experience. So, though I may not be the next house featured on HGTV’s Divine Design (yep, one of the many shows I watch far too frequently), I am determined to have a divine design of my very own. Beautiful cabinets to replace the low-budget ones installed in the late ‘80s. Gorgeous countertops (marble, granite, ??) instead of plain old tile and whatever the heck that material is in the bathroom. Adios, fluorescent lighting. Sayonara, blah floors. I’m going glam!

I have the vision in mind of just what these bathrooms and kitchen will look like. No matter that I didn’t go to design school, and certainly am sans a contractor’s license. I’ve searched through Home Depot, Lowe’s, big stone yards, and small cabinetry stores. Though I haven’t found my dream pieces yet, I’ll know them when I see them. While I may not need a deisgner to pick them out for me, I will definitely need professional help in installing them. And then all that will be left is to find a landscaper who can plant a money tree to pay for it all. So if you know of such a landscaper, they’re hired! Maybe I’ll find one at the home show I’m going to this weekend…

No comments:

Post a Comment